Przeworsk - a town in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship, in the Przeworsk County, in the Podgórze Rzeszowskie, on the Mleczko River, by the international route E40, the former seat of the Polish nobility.
A private noble town founded in 1394 was located in the 16th century in the Russian province. In the years 1975-1998 in the industrial voivodship. He is a member of the Union of Polish Cities.
The city has 15 733 inhabitants (31 December 2010). The patron saint of the city is St. Anthony of Padua.
The first mention of Przeworsk dates back to 1281. The town was founded in 1393 at the intersection of important trade routes, in the place of the former Russian castle. Thanks to numerous privileges and the creation of a court district in 1470, Przeworsk became the second urban centre of the Przemyśl region and the noble courts of the land were held there. For years, the town played a role of an important centre of economic life, mainly crafts (weaving) and trade. Numerous invasions of Tatar, Cossack, Russian and Swedish troops caused the collapse of Przeworsk. At the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries there was an intensified development of the town connected with the establishment of Lubomirski Ordinances (1825), the construction of a sugar factory (1895) and a railway junction.
Nowadays, Przeworsk is a local service and industrial centre, as well as a transport hub where important transport arteries and three railway lines intersect. The city is the administrative centre of the county - it is the seat of, among others, the starost's office, the district court, the district prosecutor's office, the county police headquarters and the State Fire Service.
There are about 60 historic buildings in the city. The most important are: Gothic defensive monasteries of the Bernardines (St. Barbara's Church) and the Blessed Virgin Mary (Basilica with the Chapel of the Holy Sepulchre), the Town Hall, the classicist Lubomirski Palace, the Baroque monastery of the Greyhounds, the only living open-air museum "Pastewnik" in Poland.