Ustroń - Town Square
PATRON OF THE CAMERA - CITY OF USTROŃ
The first historical mention of Ustroń dates back to 1305 and is recorded in the Wroclaw Bishops' Fees Book where, in the list of villages obliged to pay tithes, Ustroń and Lyppowetz are mentioned, among others. And that is why the year 1305 is conventionally accepted as the date of the foundation of Ustroń, although the village itself is undoubtedly older.
Ustroń has undergone a great metamorphosis from the moment it was established until the present day.
A small settlement established in the Beskidy valley, for seven centuries of its existence changed into a town of fifteen thousand inhabitants, which is a popular health and holiday resort, known not only in Poland, but also abroad. Many generations of inhabitants have contributed to the development of Ustroń. They have lived here, worked here, established families and passed their love for their land to their successors. This beautiful place located among the mountains and forests, cut by the ribbon of the Vistula River, is undoubtedly both for the former and current residents of Ustroń, the dearest corner of the heart - a symbolic paternal home.